Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Rescue Mission

For those of you who are keeping track, I did actually write down a few of my mental blogs this week.

Thursday: "This morning's coffee tastes remarkably like Honey Nut Cheerios. I honestly can't think of anything better."

Friday: "I have a love/hate relationship with freshness seals, especially on peanut butter jars. While they protect my precious peanut butter from the germs and the outside world, they also prevent me from getting to it when I want it. I actually have to fight past the safety measures in order to get my goods."

Saturday: "Did Mayberry ever really exist? Like, did that lifestyle ever really take place, or was it just an idea that was captured on TV to make us long for it?"

Sunday: "Hollywood strikes again. They just don't get it. And we wonder why gender confusion is such a problem."

This final one I will explain.

So, I've been very vocal about how it's okay for women to want to be rescued. We were designed by God to feel that way! Not to say that we aren't strong, but we are strong in far different ways than men. And we are not created to battle in the same ways they are.

This week, I saw a preview for the upcoming movie Snow White and the Seven Huntsman. Everything in me wanted to scream. "SNOW WHITE??? You're messing with Snow White??? You've gone too far, Hollywood."

This is Snow White we're talking about! The high-pitched, sweet-as-sugar young woman who is the fairest of them all. The one who loves and cares for the ones who provide for her. The one who gets to be rescued by the prince on the white horse. (Who, by the way, needs to do that in order to fulfill his calling as a man.) Snow White!!

Now Hollywood has turned her into an action figure. This is insane. They already did it with Cinderella with "Ever After." And you can't find a new Disney movie that doesn't involve a woman saving a man's life through force if you tried for hours. There's even a new one coming out this summer that has a girl with a bow and arrow on all the movie posters getting ready to save the world.

Fine. Whatev. You'll excuse me, however, if I choose not to stand in line for a ticket.

It makes me a little sad. Obviously the women of Hollywood don't know and can't embrace the dream of being rescued. And the men are so lost as to how to do it that they've given over the role to us. It's heartbreaking.

For a long time I fought to be this woman. This kind of strong, physically capable, tough-as-nails woman who could rescue herself and keep up with any man. If you've paid attention to my blog, you've read posts about that. It's not that I wanted to be a man. NO way! But I was trying to take on their level of strength and capability when I had no idea that it wasn't my calling. It led me into such a desperate situation that my world truly crumbled around me.

Thank God. You know why? Because now I get to be TRULY rescued the way a woman was designed to be.

The Lord longs to rescue His daughters. He knows their needs and created them to need protection and security. Ultimately He wants to provide this, but He will, many times, use other people to do it.

This week, I was rescued. Truthfully, I've been being rescued ever since I first met my Mighty Man.

Since we've been together, MM and I have been through our share of issues, and each one has taught us a new and wonderul lesson. We've learned to see and experience Christ in deeper ways and have learned that it's so important to remain connected to Him in order to have a healthy relationship. But this week it went to a whole new level.

I won't give you details. They're not for the internet world to know. But what I will tell you is that our relationship was challenged. I myself was put in a compromising position (to say the least). And our entire upcoming marriage was put on the line. It was the most painful, difficult series of days that we've experienced so far.

Praise God. Because this finally put me face to face with the reality of my desperate need for being rescued. And it showed me the kind of man I get to trust for the rest of my life. The Mighty Man stepped up without hesitation. I've seen glimpses of this in him before, but this was like going from triple A to the Majors. And my man hit a grand slam in his first at bat.

As I faced the reality of my own brokenness and inability in certain areas, MM took over. He stood up and fought for his princess and did what needed to be done. ANYTHING that needed to be done. He refused to sit by and watch me be hurt, confused and scared. He rescued me. And he continues his fight today.

Ladies, if you don't know what this is like, I pray that God will bless you with the experience. He created men to fight for us in ways that we can't and shouldn't fight for ourselves. Whether Hollywood tells you that or not, it's the truth. And when it happens, it not only makes you love these men more and more, but also helps you draw so much nearer to Christ as you witness what He provides in your time of need.

I've been and am being rescued by two Mighty Men: my Father and my MM himself. And I know that they're working together. And if there's anything I can say to you today, it's that it's okay to be rescued, ladies. And men, you don't have to be scared to lead the charge. God has given you everything you need to be victorious in this quest, and He will help you to rescue the girl. You don't have to do it alone. None of us do. He's always with us and will never leave.

Love and hugs to you all!
- Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment