Monday, May 10, 2010

Get Focused

First, thanks to everyone who read this on Saturday and prayed for Georgia. I got home Saturday afternoon and went straight to her and Jim's house. Walked in, hugged Jim, and then went and latched on to Georgia and cried. We both did. It's really scary to almost lose someone you love so much. That hasn't happened to me in a really long time. And I am thanking the Lord that He saw fit for her to stay here on earth for a little while longer. I can't imagine life without her. And when I try to think of what that would be like, I break down.

So...please keep praying for Jim and Georgia. They have a good system of care for her now, but it's tough, and the road to healing will be long. But I know that the Lord is with them. That's evident in the fact that she's still here at all!

The run today was nice. One of my easy days out there, and I didn't take the iPod so that I could get in some extra prayer time. That was awesome. My best conversations with God happen in two places: the running road and my closet. :) I think it has to do with the solitude of each. Jesus has my full attention.

You know, the story of Peter walking on water with Christ has been coming up a lot lately in my life. One thing I've been thinking about recently, especially in my own life, is just how important it is to focus on the right thing. Peter looked at Christ; he walked. Peter looked at the waves; he sank. In my life, I look at Christ; I walk. I look at the problems; I sink. It's easy to let troubles overwhelm us when we forget that Jesus is right there, allowing us to stand on stormy waters. But when we look at Him only, we won't see the massive waves crashing around us. I know for me recently, I've spent far too much time looking at the waves and forgetting that Jesus is right there allowing me to walk on water with Him.

Today, I want to stay focused on Him. And I will pray that all of you will do the same! :)

Love you guys!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment