Friday, May 7, 2010

Martyrs, Thieves and New Shoes

Happy Friday, everyone! And a MARVELOUS day it is! :) Why? Because it's NEW SHOE DAY!!! :) :)

This is a big day in the life of runners. We get new shoes 3-4 times a year, and every time we do, we get about 2-3 days of absolute HEAVEN on our feet. It feels like you're running on pillows! The old shoes have gotten beat down pretty badly, but you don't even realize it because it happens so gradually. Until, that is, you slip on a pair of new babies and take 'em for a spin. Oh, hallelujah! :)

When I run, I wear the Saucony Ride. They're not the most beautiful things in the world, but man, do they feel good! :) They're rated pretty well among neutral/cushioning shoes regarding their softness, and that's what I like. I need good support, but I need good cushion more. Every runner is different (hence the number of shoes out there), but this is just the one I've found that fits my running style best. So...Praise God for the first week in the new shoes! I'll be celebrating the whole way! :) And a HUGE thanks to Ashley for making the pit stop by Gary Gribble's for the pick up. Ash, you are thebomb.com.

I've had a lot of feedback from the blogs the last couple of days, and I want to thank everyone for their encouragement. Man, I am truly surrounded by a "great cloud of witnesses." :) I love you all so much! And I want to encourage you back and say how incredible you are to take the time to bless your sister over here. :) I really have been blessed with some great friends.

There's a song by Jennifer Knapp that I've had rolling around in my head for the past couple of days. It really brings a smile to my face regarding all of life's challenges and the truth about what we are to do with them. If you have a chance to listen to "Martyrs and Thieves" totally do it. It will encourage you so much! But here's a line from the chorus:

"So turn on the light and reveal all the glory.
I am not afraid to bare all my weakness
knowing in meekness
I have a kingdom to gain
where there is peace and love in the light, in the light.
Oh, I am not afraid
to let Your light shine bright in my life, in my life..."

Amen, sister! Turn on the light! Let's bear our weakness today knowing that in our weakness, He is strongest.

Ciao, friends!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment