Sunday, August 21, 2011

Just as we are. :)

Ah, Sundays...SOOOO good. :) :) Today I'm thanking God for a day of rest, and just for the ability to finally experience rest on a Sunday at all. It's been a full last couple of weeks, and it will be another full couple of weeks coming up, but thank God for a tiny break in the action. His Sabbath. What a blessing! Though, honestly, the ability to actually enjoy Sundays is a relatively new thing in my life...

I don't know about you all, but I'm a recovering productivity addict. haha! :) I'm still learning, of course, but I used to be one of those people who could NOT stop doing. I would constantly be moving around, doing chores, checking email, etc. because I couldn't justify taking a break. It was the most miserable and insane lifestyle, and I'm so thankful that the Lord is showing me how to rest.

For me, part of that mentality stemmed from having something to prove. I never felt quite accepted by God just as I was, so I felt like I constantly had to be doing something to earn His approval and the approval of others. Over time, and with the help and encouragement of a certain wonderful Might Man of God who pointed me to the TRUTH of God's Word, I have learned more about how much the Lord loves me just as I am. It doesn't matter if I am productive or completely useless; He loves me simply because He created me and I am His daughter. Hallelujah!!

Now, that's not to say that I don't want to be productive still. It's just more balanced. There's a time for productivity and a time for resting. If I didn't produce anything ever, I would be living outside of my God-given purpose and disregarding the gifts He's given me to use while I'm here on earth. I definitely don't want to be useless. I want to fulfill that destiny for which He created me! But the point is that even if I didn't, He would still love me. That's His character. He created me with His own hands and in His image, and He loves me just because He can. :)

Do you know that the same thing is true about you? It is! You were created by a God who loves you so much that He died for you (John 3:16), and you don't have to do a thing to earn it. All you have to do is receive His gift of love and salvation through Jesus Christ and begin a relationship with Him as your Lord. It's the most wonderful, beautiful, compassionate, gracious truth you will ever know. And it will be the best decision of your life. You won't ever have to do or prove anything again in order to find your worth and value!

Today, if you are wrestling with always having to produce and never being able to rest, I want to encourage you to read God's Word. Take a look at what He says about how much He loves you and REST in the knowledge that you don't have to do a single thing to earn it.

Happy Sunday, everyone!
-Jill
P.S. Thanks so much to Scott and Christy with DayBreak USA for the great interview this week! I just love talking faith and sports with Scott. He's a blast! Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXfS0Hk97f8

No comments:

Post a Comment