Monday, August 15, 2011

Win Win!

Today, I was reminded of a very simple lesson. It's one that Moses spoke to the Israelites in Exodus 14:14 when they were being pursued by the Egyptians.

"The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."

Wow. Praise God.

I'm so thankful that I don't have to rule the world, aren't you? We have a sovereign God who fights our battles for us, even when we don't recognize it or understand it. Today, I fought a battle that I was trying so hard to win. In fact, I was confident that I was fighting for the Lord's will. In the end, I had to surrender. I thought I had lost, so I gave up. In my case, it was an act of submission that was respectful, and I simply had to entrust it to the Lord.

Wouldn't you know it? Once I surrendered, He played the trump card. :) He changed the situation altogether and created the path I couldn't create on my own. Thank You, Lord!

I say all of that to remind you and me both that the LORD--the God of all creation who LOVES YOU--is in complete control. He cannot and will not be defeated. Even when we feel like we are losing a battle that He wants us to win, we can't forget that He has the final say and He knows the bigger picture. God ALWAYS wins. He already has, as a matter of fact. Jesus already defeated the enemy by what He did on the cross and the fact that He rose from the grave! Because of His victory and the fact that we are God's children, we can rest in the knowledge that He never fails. Even when the situation looks like an impending defeat, we can trust that He will get the ultimate victory and that He will bless us through it.

Today, whatever battle you feel like you are losing, don't be afraid to turn it over to Him. Yes, do the best you can to carry out His will, but don't be discouraged if the situation doesn't go according to your definition of victory. Trust the One who sees the end at the beginning. He will fight for you; you need only to be still.

Ciao, friends!
-Jill

P.S. Thank you so much to Lanny Slevin at WPLO in Illinois for the fantastic interview this morning! I really appreciated the time and conversation. :) Keep sharing HIS victory!!

P.P.S. Thanks also to my Mighty Man, who prayed for me to be inspired for this blog. :) You rescued me today, my knight! These words are partially the result of your prayers. :) Thank you so much, my love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment