Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 108...

Happy Marathon Eve!!! :) Momsy and I are safely in Boston and enjoying a nice morning in Brookline. So far, the weather is cold and rainy, but that just means that it's going to be warm and sunny tomorrow. (hahaha! And that would be prayer request #1.) :)

Boston rocks. EVERYbody runs here. I don't care where you are! They run along the Charles. They run down Beacon Street. They just run! I don't know how many of them are out-of-towners who are just in for the marathon tomorrow, but so far, we've seen more people running than walking! :)

I've only been to this town once and that was for less than a day to do a quick interview at Fenway, thus, we have a lot of exploring to do! I'm such a history freak, I can't wait to see some of the Revolutionary War stuff. But...That will have to wait until Tuesday. Because today = Marathon Expo and FCA Chapel. Tomorrow = RACE!! Game face needs to remain ON for now.

I tell you what, guys. The Lord really moved in me this morning. This whole time of training, I've felt like Peter. "Lord, I'll never deny You! Never!" And then we all know what happened. I've felt like that a lot. That I started out with such a pure heart in wanting to serve Him and bless our troops, but I've allowed pride and fear to squelch it out. I've denied Him more than once. But, get this...In John, we read that even though Peter denied Christ, he was still able to be used of the Lord. Jesus reinstated him and told him to go feed His sheep.

That is amazing to me. Praise God. That means that, no matter where my heart has been over these last four months, He can still use me to feed His sheep in this race. He's still going to allow me to be His vessel. I don't deserve His grace or mercy or love, but I receive it.

"Lord, thank You for Your mercy and grace. Thank You that You are still able to use a sinful woman to feed Your sheep. Help me to bring Your light and love to this race. I know that's why You've brought me here. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen."

Well, friends, by the time I write to you all again, it will all be over! I can't believe it's here. What a journey! Let's wrap it up well. :) I can't wait to see the story I get to post tomorrow!! :)

Prayer Requests:
-For rest today and ordered steps.
-For the time at the expo and chapel to be blessed.
-For me to feed myself adequately and fuel properly for tomorrow.
-For travel from the hotel to the marathon shuttles.
-For the chance to be a light for Christ on the course.
-For a chance to connect people to Military Ministry and/or FCA.
-For the race itself!!! :) Pray for me from 9:30 a.m. Central until 1:30 p.m. May I run HIS race!

Love you all!!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment