Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 94...

Happy Easter!! :) :) What a day. What a day! This is the day we celebrate the single most important event in history: the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Our Lord. Our Savior. Our Hero!! :) MY Hero! :) The Man who was God, who came to earth to live an example of love and then pay the price for our sins. AND to show Satan who was boss by rising from the grave. Thank You, Lord!

While we're on the subject, if you have any questions about Christ, TOTALLY check out this site: http://www.leestrobel.com/indexMain.php . I'm sure we've all heard of Lee Strobel's book The Case for Christ. It helped me understand why I believe what I believe, and if you've never read it, consider picking it up. It's one of the most impacting books I've ever read. Anyway, that's Lee's web site, and it's got some amazing information on it regarding the reasons why we're completely SANE for believing in Christ.

Training-wise, it's a day off. Praise God! :) I do love Sundays. :) My body and my mind need a break. It was nice to wake up and just relax and have coffee with my folks before church. Got in a few good laughs over the editorial page (what my PPB calls the comics) and caught up on what I missed by going to bed before the Duke/WV game was over last night.

Injury-wise, it's time to move up the prayers for the hamstring. The day after the run, and it's a little more finicky than I'd like. Noticeably tight and tender. Two weeks left, and we gotta cover this last push in prayer! The healing hand of God has been over me in such a powerful way so far, I know that He is more than able to heal this, too. Just gotta ask and trust! :) I won't forget Philippians 1:6 -- "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

Time to finish this strong in the power of the Lord! Without Him, I can't run a step. With Him, I can run 26.2 miles!

Prayer Requests:
-For healing on the right hamstring.
-For healing on the right foot.
-For healing on the blisters on the left foot.
-For protection over the left knee.
-For our troops! May we not forget that we are running with the purpose of bringing Christ to them. I pray that those who are spending Easter away from their families will be comforted by the love of Christ no matter where they are.
-For Military Ministry and their continued provision.
-For the week of training ahead, including tomorrow's 6 miles.

Thanks so much, team. Happy Easter!! :)
-Jill


No comments:

Post a Comment