Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 92...

What a gorgeous day! The forecasted thunderstorms didn't manifest themselves as predicted down here in Central KS, and that left me with the most ideal and amazing running weather this morning. It was about 55 degrees with very little wind and a whole lot of sunshine! :) Plus, I got to enjoy the flat, soft roads and peaceful quiet of the country. Bliss. :) Seven miles with a casual 8-minute pace, and the wisdom of Chip Ingram playing in my ears.

The Lord is really working a theme in my life: TRUTH. The verse that has come up twice in two days for me has been from John 14 where Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me."

The part that I've never really pursued on a deeper level is the part about His being the TRUTH and what that really means. Since I returned from Ohio with a set of personal core values--one of them being truth--I am excited that the Lord is working into me what that means. Especially considering all the mental battles that I've encountered throughout this process. Bring it on, Lord! Show me TRUTH! :)

Tomorrow is the last major long run before the marathon. YEE HAW!! :) 18 tomorrow, 13 the weekend after and then 26.2! :) I'm starting to get really fired up. Momsy and I sat down this morning and plotted out some of the Boston adventures we're going to take. Harvard, here we come! haha! I've always wanted to feel like a smart kid. :)

Friends, I want to say one more time how much I appreciate your prayers. :) There's no way that I would be able to run a single step without the divine power that is generated from the prayers of the saints (you all). I am humbled by your support and really appreciate your continued prayers as we enter the last couple of weeks. Please keep them going! We're almost there! :)

As today is Good Friday, I want to offer you all my most sincere prayers in return, that you would know the Truth for yourself. The truth that Jesus Christ went to a cross for us 2,000 years ago and paid for our sins so that we could be reconciled to the Father. Thank You, Lord. May we live a life that brings You the glory You deserve.

Prayer Requests:
-For the 18 miles tomorrow.
-For our military and their families--that they would know the Truth!
-For Military Ministry--that they would continue to be equipped to deliver that truth.
-For all of us to experience Christ this Easter.
-For continued healing on my right foot and protection over my right hamstring and left knee.

Love you all! :)
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment