Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 10...

Happy Wednesday, team! :) I wish I was sitting down with you all right now with a good cup of coffee and catching up on your lives. :) Or, better yet, that we were all in Florida (the only state without snow on the ground right now) chatting it up as we ran on a boardwalk in the sunshine. haha! Sounds like heaven to me!

I'm really enjoying the treadmill time this week. (You probably get that by now, having heard me rave about it for several days in a row.) Honestly, it's been nice not to have to run with a layer of nylon covering my face. haha! But I've also enjoyed the company I get in the workout room. There's a nice lady in my apartment complex who gets up early to come in and use the elliptical machine. We've had nice conversations the last couple of mornings, and it's been great having someone there with me to pass the time.

Today, though, I tried something I don't do very often: shut off the iPod.
(*gasp!*) haha! Yes, I ran one whole mile without music! :) Instead, I just took time to pray, and really, to praise God. There's a lot going on in my life right now--just like I'm sure there's a lot going on in your lives, too--and at times it gets easy to turn pessimistic. But God isn't a God of discouragement. Through our hope and trust in Him we have the ability and blessing of being joyful at all times. And thankful! I mean, holy cow, life is really SO good! I am one heckuva blessed woman, and I let myself forget that way too often.

My sister told me last night a great quote she'd heard about making sure you lead your heart instead of letting it lead you. I'd love to get better at leading my heart to joy instead of discouragement. It's certainly God's will that I do so, but it takes discipline and effort. It takes mental focus and deliberate choices. Your mind can go a billion different places, so it's important to help it go in the right direction.

So...Today's run was a good "exercise" in praising God. And I'm THANKFUL that I did! :) haha! It's helped this day be a million times brighter than yesterday. Hopefully this can become a habit! :)

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" - Philippians 4:4

Have a GREAT day, friends!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment