Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 4...

I heart tempo runs when there's a busy day ahead. Why? Because it makes me move fast!! haha!

This morning was a 10-miler, and I had a flight to catch, so I knew I couldn't mess around. But the beauty of it is that my mind is so full of what the day holds that the miles just FLY by. It's kind of like cheating in a way, I think. Cheating because I'm not REALLY focusing on the experience of the run. I'm focusing on the day ahead. But whatever it is, it works! Turned in a 7:39 average in a pretty cold environment. Maybe I should schedule a business trip for the afternoon of the marathon, too. haha! Um, DEFINITELY not! That's one experience I want to savor! Now, after the 22 and 23-milers? Maybe. . . :)

It was interesting today. During the interview with Kara Lawson (an awesome lady who plays in the WNBA), we talked about pain being a good thing in the eyes of the Lord. While the world tells you that pain is bad, it's actually a tool that the Lord uses to keep us close to Him. Think about it...When are we most likely to come to Him? When we're in pain, right? When life is going along without problems, we (at least I) tend to think we can make it without His help. But then pain comes and reminds us that we are only human in a fallen and crazy world. We NEED the Lord. And He knows that. That's one reason He allows pain--so that we'll stay tuned into His power and love for us.

One of the best ways to experience pain? Run a long way. hahaha! :) Signing up for marathon training is signing up for spiritual education classes. Pain? Check. Exhaustion? Check. Temptation to quit? Check. Motivation to pray? Check. :) The list goes on and on! And I think that's one of the reasons why I love it so much. It just propells you deeper into your relationship with the Lord. Thank You, Father, for the gifts of edurance through pain and for reaching us in the midst of it. You are good.

Well, I'm winding down after a long day of travel and interviews. It was a great day, but I am tuckered out and am going to head to bed. Got an easy run, probably on the hotel treadmill, in the morning that I'm gonna get ready for with a good night's rest.

Hope you all had an amazing Thursday!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment