Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 23...

Wa hoo!! Let's hear it for a great 9-mile speed workout! Clocked in at 63:41 for a 7:04 average. Here's the breakdown:

1-mile warm-up
2-mile speed (8.5mph-8.6)
.5-mile recovery (8.0)
2-mile speed (8.6-8.7)
.5-mile recovery (8.1)
2-mile speed (8.7-8.8)
1-mile sprint ladder (9.0-10.0)

Sweet!! :) It felt fantastic! I have to tell you, there are very few things that feel as amazing as running at a high speed, completely focused on the body's ability to maintain the pace over a long distance. It's the most alive I've ever felt! :) I just love it! :) :)

To be honest, I have so much on my plate work-wise that I haven't even realized that I'm training for a marathon. haha! :) The only times I really focus on it are when I wake up in the morning and hit the treadmill. But I think that's going to pay off in the long run. By the time my load lightens, I'll be halfway through training, and it will be that much closer to marathon time. haha! :)

I'm already looking forward to the trip to Boston. More than that, I'm looking forward to my time with my mom. We're going to have a great time together, which is rare! I see her often, but the mom/daughter alone time is less frequent. And I can't wait to have her all to myself. :)

BTW...I just heard the weatherman say that Friday's high will be 54...Perhaps this weekend's 17-miler will be outside?? I'm thinking so!! Thank You, Lord!

Okay, friends, I gotta call it a day. Have a fantastic Tuesday!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment