Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 5...

Praise God for treadmills!! :) :) haha! Man, it was SO stinkin' nice this morning not to have to put on 18 billion layers in order to go for the run. Since the hotel is in an urban setting (along a highway without sidewalks), I opted to run indoors, and it was awesome! Totally casual and fun. I even enjoyed watching my little distance tracker inch along this funny little graphic of a dirt track through what looked like the Australian Outback. haha! :) A little different than KC suburbia, that's for sure. :)

Treadmills are great for regulating pace. While it's fun to unplug and go for "naked" runs outside without watches or iPods, it's also fun to hit the treadmill and have something regulate your pace for you. Sure, it makes you work, but it is a great personal trainer. Sometimes when I'm out there, my mind will wonder and I'll slip off pace easily. Then I'll have to refocus and get back into the groove. When I'm on the treadmill, I can set the pace and just fly! Well, today being an easy run, I didn't fly, but you know what I mean. And that was actually a good thing, too. I was able to keep my pace LOW for the recovery run. Thank you, treadmill! :)

Well, friends, I need to go do some quiet time with the Lord before we get this day started. It was fun to praise Him through physical exercise and music this morning, but I need me some WORD! Especially if I'm going to travel with peace today. Um...Airports require extra patience and grace. :)

Hope you all have a great day! :)
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment