Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 9...

Hey, gang! Happy Tuesday to you from the North Pole--wait. haha! :) Certainly looks like it. But it's gorgeous! Great day for a treadmill run!

Today was the first speed workout on the treadmill. It was fantastic! Did an 8-miler this morning in 57:58, and that might be the fastest 8 I've ever done. It turned out to be a 7:14 average. Not sure how I did at the 8-milers last season, but either way, it was great! And, more importantly, it FELT great. I forgot how awesome it feels to get on there and just focus in on the workout.

One great thing about treadmills is that you can put it on auto-pilot. The belt keeps you on pace so you don't have to focus on that. You are free to let your thoughts roam, your spirit soar, your body move, whatever! I'm all over the place, usually, bouncing back and forth between prayer and focus. Sometimes the two coinscide--often when I'm praising Him for being able to run.

It's seriously fun to push yourself to new speeds and enjoy the physical gifts He provides. He's given us such amazing bodies!

I was thinking about that yesterday as I sat all day in my apartment, snowed in. It was nice to experience working from home through a snow storm, and I got a lot done, but all I did was sit. haha! :) I had to get up periodically and run up and down my stairs. My poor neighbors. :)

It's sad how little we really use our bodies. I think about what life must have been like before technology descended on our world. To actually have to walk to a well for water instead of two feet to my tap. To actually have to work fields or hunt for food. To have to walk down to a river to wash clothes. To lift and pound things. Man... Who needed exercise? They lived it!

But that's the cool thing about our world, I guess. We GET to put exercise into the fun category. And that's what it is. It's a fun blessing to MOVE, and I count it a privilege. Now...Ask me on day 97 if I still count it a blessing and we'll just see. haha! :) JK. Praise God in all things!

Well, back to work! Lunch break over.

Ciao, friends!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment