Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 7...

haha! Most random breakfast this morning. . . I discovered almond milk yesterday and just about died with how yummy it turned out to be. :) So, I put it in some Special K red berries cereal this morning and microwaved it. Weird, I know, but it was to flippin' cold to even THINK about eating unheated food.

It was SO good! haha! :) If you ever feel like something random and different, this is it: almond milk and Special K zapped for about a minute in the microwave. :)

Okay, I've totally just lost some of your respect, haven't I? haha! Hey, don't knock it until you try it. :)

Man, I have a feeling that Sundays are going to be my favorite days of the week for the next four months. :) For two reasons. 1 - Because they're my much-needed rest days from the road. (Here's to sleeping in!) 2 - Because of church. Man, I had the BEST church experience this morning. I'd been passing these little road signs for a little church plant down the street from my apartment, and so I decided to visit there this morning. It was awesome! Totally small group of the friendliest believers. Totally awesome and engaging and biblically sound message on prayer. And just the presence of the Holy Spirit among a group of people who seemed so full of the love and joy of Christ. I really want to go back.

Community is something that has been challenging for me, so visiting a smaller church was really refreshing. I'd enjoyed the church I'd been going to, but with it being so big, it just felt like I would get a little lost. You can sneak in and sneak out without anyone ever knowing you were there. But with smaller groups, it's impossible. And that's a GOOD thing. You can't avoid people or hide anything. And for me, that's important. Because if I can hide it and not confront it, I generally will. So...We'll see what happens here! Either way, I'm pumped.

Well, friends, I'm gonna shut 'er down. Gotta focus on those awesome Chiefs! :) 7-3 right now. We'll see how long that lasts before we bury them! haha!

Ciao, friends!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment