Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 21...

Hello, rest day! :) Sundays rock, don't they? But sometimes they're so hard, too.

I don't know about you all, but I LOVE being productive. I love being useful and doing things all the time. It's SO hard to be still. But God calls us to rest for a day every week, and I'm trying to be obedient to Him.

I think taking a Sabbath is an act of obedience. Certainly it is! If we really wanted to, we could be DOING things all the time. But God knows we need to stop and rest. That's why He COMMANDS a Sabbath; He doesn't suggest it.

When Sunday rolls around, I always have these great ideas of how I will rest that day. But then, inevitably, I wind up "doing" little things all day and, before I know it, the day is completely gone and I have no idea where it went.

Today, I am going against my entire being and just resting. I have work that needs to be done, but I am not my own boss. God is. And God commands rest. So, in an act of submission, I am going to rest. He is my Lord. I realize that His ways are better than my own. He will take care of the work that needs to be done. I am first to trust and obey Him.

Running DOES fit into this, not just regular work. I fight this battle when it comes to running, too, just not as often as I used to. Back when I started running seriously I wouldn't take a day off at all. Now, I actually look forward to it. My legs do get a little restless from not being taxed, but I can always tell the positive difference on Monday. :) Rest is SO key. It's just hard. :)

But you know what? That's okay! It's okay that I struggle with rest. I don't think I'd be human if I didn't. God knows it's hard. The bottom line is that I do it. That's it! He just calls me to obedience. He'll take care of the blessings on the other side. :)

Now, I gotta get off this computer before I'm tempted to work. :) haha! :)

Ciao, friends! Happy Sunday!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment