Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 39...

I'm totally getting spoiled. The run in the snow today was, once again, gorgeous. Little wind, falling snow and a quiet hour with the Lord.

No music today, just prayer. One of the reasons I love running so much is because it offers me the opportunity to completely unplug from all distractions and connect with Him. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty easily distracted. By anything. And everything. I'm like that dog in the movie "Up." "I love you, Master. You are my master. I would--SQUIRREL!" haha! But when I'm on the road, I am physically removed from absolutely everything. The only potential distraction is the occasional beep of my Garmin.

The next two weeks (three, four, eight) are absolute chaos. And, whenever I'm faced with a hectic schedule, I tend to get psyched out before it even starts. I get overwhelmed thinking about how I'm going to get everything done and when I'm going to do it, and then I add in the added factor of how it will affect my training. "How will I get enough sleep? Will I be able to perform well? How will I fit in 11 miles?" It can lead to a lot of unnecessary anxiety.

This morning on the road, the Lord was so faithful to encourage me that He would unfold everything according to His perfect plan. My only job is to be obedient--in fact, to surrender it all to Him. I like to control my schedule and manipulate it to what I think will work best, but this time I am going to just trust and obey. He is my loving Father who has my best in mind. He knows my schedule and will work it out. That's part of the great Romans 8:28 promise. Thank You, Lord!

Prayer requests:
-For the speedwork tomorrow morning (and an available treadmill).
-For rest and adequate sleep.
-For Military Ministry and their continued reach to our troops!

Ciao, friends!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment