Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 32...


I feel like a kid in a candy store! :) After living so long in an area that had basically one single running route, I've now moved to an area that is full of possibilities. There are so many residential neighborhoods and connecting streets...and (*gasp*) they all have sidewalks!! hahaha!! You might think that's pretty standard, but where I used to live, that was a foreign concept. Hallelujah!! Thank You, Lord!


What's even more? I was out this morning exploring option #1 and I saw another solo female runner out in the dark. Yessssss! That's a great sign. It definitely speaks volumes of the safety of the neighborhood. (Yes, Momsy, I know it's still not a guarantee, but it's at least a good sign. I'll still be careful.) :)


Man, I got a little shot in my pride today, though. After yesterday's long slow run with the 8:20 average, I wasn't feeling so great about my times. And then today, since my legs were tired from yesterday, I wasn't exactly Speedy Gonzales. But that is what a recovery run is for. It's just hard to be okay with it. (Especially when the aforementioned solo female runner passed me. hahaha! I was like, "Dude, I so want to speed up and beat her. I don't care where she's going. Let's race!")


But, this is cool. I had been praying that I could find a verse in the Psalms that had been running through my mind for a while. I just couldn't remember it's address. Last night, the Holy Spirit led me to Psalm 31, and there it was. At SUCH an appropriate time.


"But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, 'You are my God.' My times are in your hands..." - Psalm 31:14-15a (NIV)


I have to constantly remind myself that each of my training runs are in the Lord's hands, and I'm convinced that He inspired this verse for runners. We put in the physical work, but He is the one who holds our times. If we work hard, He will bring out the times that He wants for us. That includes slow long runs and the ensuing recovery workouts. My times are in His hands.


"Lord, let me constantly lay my training in Your hands. I trust You to work in my physical body and to produce the results. Help me to do my part to care for this body and to work it appropriately knowing You will take care of the rest. You supply the energy, rest and strength. Thank You, Lord! You are so good to care about this venture and what it means. Thank You for allowing me to race for a purpose: to bring You to our troops and to support Your work through Military Ministry. I love You, Lord, and continue to praise You for Your plan! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen."


Prayer Requests:

-For energy in an exhausted body.

-For the speedwork out tomorrow and for rest tonight.

-For our troops!

-For Military Ministry and God's provision for them.


Ciao, friends!

-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment