Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 56...

Praise God! Had a great 10-mile tempo run on the treadmill this morning. Turned in a 1:14:29 for a 7:23 average. Not too shabby! I had a few knee "twinges" over the course of the miles, but other than that, no injuries to report. That is super great! God's grace has been on my adductor muscle and plantar fascia. And I know He will continue to hold the knee together. Will you keep praying with me?

I'm finding that I'd forgotten how long marathon training is. :) That's not a complaint by ANY means. I'm really, really loving this. As a matter of fact, I love it so much that, as you've heard me say before, it's almost walking a fine line of loving it too much. But I pray daily that the Lord would keep this in balance with the life He's given me to live.

But here I sit at day 56, and we still have 7.5 weeks to go! I am SOOOOO pumped and thankful! :) I wish training could last forever! :) hahaha! I feel God's purpose and pleasure all over this and am just living it up and humbly accepting His daily challenges and grace and lessons.

Do you ever get so passionate about anything like this? If you do, you know what I'm feeling. If you don't, you totally gotta try it. No, you don't have to run a marathon, but you gotta try this whole passion thing. :) Today, if you're feeling like you're in a rut, I totally challenge you to ask God to awaken a great passion inside of you. He created each of us for great things, and I know He wants to use you for greatness in a specific area. He wants to bless you with a heart that is fully alive and joyful and excited and glorifying to Him! Seek that out today. Find your passion!

Prayer requests:
-For the left knee.
-For recovery from today's great run.
-For the Military Ministry fundraising and upcoming event.
-For our troops: specifically for marriages of military families today and for those with PTSD.

Ciao, friends!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment