Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 44...

SUB-8 LONG-RUN!!! That has NEVER EVER happened!!! 18 miles at an average of 7:44/mile. YOWZA!!! :)

It was the most inspired and spiritually in-tune experience. And, honestly, a lot of it had to do with our circumstances. I'll blog more about this tomorrow and Monday when I'm back home, but being with the Military Ministry staff yesterday and meeting my heroes in person. . . I had more reason to run today than ever. Thank You, Lord!

I'm going to jet to eat lunch with my unbelievable hostess, Miss Brenda, her fiance and my sister, now. But thank YOU, LORD!!! Thank YOU, HOLY SPIRIT for running with me in the beautiful snow and wind. In the beautiful scenery. In the beautiful streets.

It was so cool, I do have to tell this part--I started running, and I just felt like I had the most energy ever. My warm-up miles were below 8:30, and eventually I looked down and I was going 7:45/7:30. And it felt totally natural! By the time I was at mile 12, that had been my standard pace, and I decided to go for the sub-8.

Let me tell you, it was HARD work. But the Lord kept bringing to mind Isaiah 48 about those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. HALLELUJAH!

And. . . For the last two miles, when I was really having to push it, the Lord gave me my Army cadence. haha! SO perfect! I ran with my troops for the hardest part, and they inspired me.

This is about so much more than I could ever have imagined. God is using me for His purpose to help bring Faith to the Foxhole and Hope to the Homefront. I'm humbled.

(P.S. Thank you to General Dees and Kathleen for the amazing tour yesterday. You guys are amazing and I was humbled that you spent so much time with us. And thank you to everyone we met at MM. Wow. And thank you, most of all, to my dear, sweet sister Brenda for being my extended family. My GIRL! We are unbelievably grateful. And thank you to my actual sister, Jami, for making travel fun again.)

hahaha! Thought I was going to blog short, didn't you?

Ciao!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment