Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 59...

Ah...Bliss. That's what this morning was. Sheer bliss. Woke up at 6:00 after a GREAT night's sleep, and I walk out to the living room and get a good-morning hug from my papa. :) Man, I love that guy. Then we sat around and had great conversation over a morning cup of coffee (which turned into two, and three, and we had to bust out the instant coffee because we drained the brew). That was totally the best part about the weekend. No one is up, yet, but me and PPB sat around solving all the world's problems before anyone else knew they were there. Bliss. :)

As it always happens when Papa Bear and I get together on the weekends, my run got slightly delayed. I'd intended to hit the road at 6:45 this morning, but it turned out that there were more problems in the world than we thought, so that turned into 7:30. haha! But that's okay. It totally worked out. I eventually got enough motivation to break away from my PPB and the coffee pot to hit the road for a short 14-miler. It's a down week between 20-plus-milers, so it was a nice change of pace. And since I couldn't meet up with Jackie this weekend, I was grateful it wasn't any longer.

The pace was great considering the 20-degree frozen tundra and seven layers of clothes in which I was running. The only trouble was that, because I delayed my start so much, the half banana that I'd eaten for my pre-run snack didn't give me enough energy. I was pretty zapped out there without more food. But that didn't really matter much for just 14, and it made the peanut butter oatmeal taste that much better when I got back.

Hey, I just want to say thanks to all my blog followers and friends out there. I continue to be encouraged by each and every one of you, and I spent some time praying for and thanking God for each of you this morning. This blog and training period has really shown me a lot about the friends I have, and I have really been given a great understanding about how to show support for others. And it's been through the example of you all. So...Thanks. :) You all are amazing.

Prayers for the week include...
-Healing and protection over my cranky left knee.
-The Military Ministry fundraiser and information night on the 13th. (AWESOME details coming together for that. More later!)
-Military Ministry in general--that God would continue to expand their reach.
-Our troops, especially those away from their families right now.

Thanks again for your support, friends. Okay...I'm off to drink more coffee and hit up church with my PPB. :)

Ciao!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment