Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 57...

Ah, sweet reunion with the road. :) It had been almost two weeks since I'd been able to run outside, and that made this morning just absolutely wonderful. Icy? Yes. Frigid? Yes. Peaceful? YES! No SportsCenter bottom line to watch (which, is actually a joy), no morning traffic jam maps from local news anchors. . . Just me and the road and the Lord. It was awesome. Thanks, God. :)

Still, I feel like I'm missing something this morning. Do you ever feel like that? Like you think God wants to say something to you or has a message or word for you and you're not looking in the right place to receive it? I just wrapped up my morning quiet time, and I still have that feeling that God has more for me today. I did the prayers, the sermon podcast on the run, the homework on Proverbs 31...What else, Lord? Does anyone else ever have that feeling? If I had a few more minutes before I had to leave for work, I'd spend more time in the Word. But since we have training this morning, I have to be there on time! :) Guess I'll just use silence on the way.

Thanks for listening to my long dissertation. haha! If nothing else, I hope you're encouraged if you've ever felt like that before and enjoy hearing that other people go through it as well. Don't you just wish sometimes that we could have endless hours to just pray and read the Word? Well, the good news is that God is with us ALWAYS. Even though I feel like He is trying to get my attention with some other bit of truth, I know that He is going to be with me even as I go about my day. If I stay tuned into Him and His Spirit, I will receive His message.

Isn't that a wonderful thing about the Lord? I've been in Psalm 139 a lot lately, and verses 7-10 say this: "Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."

Thank God today. Thank Him for His love for each of us and for His presence in our lives. And then, ask Him what He wants to tell you today. Rest assured, no matter where you are, He is there too. And He's always eager to speak.


Prayer Requests:
-For Military Ministry and the funding for Bibles and chaplain training.
-For military marriages.
-For troops with PTSD.
-For my long run this weekend and the rest day.
-For our fundraiser on March 13!

Thanks, guys! Ciao!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment