Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 89...

The song playing right now on my morning playlist is SO appropriate: "A greateful heart I give; a thankful prayer I pray; a wild dance I dance before You..." SO good! :) That's how I feel this morning after a hard-fought battle mentally and physically.

This morning was the first 50-degree morning that we've had, I believe, all year, (I might be wrong. We might have had one other one randomly.) But all I wanted to do was be outside. I couldn't wait to wear shorts! But guess what the Holy Spirit Trainer voice said when I got out of bed this morning..."Treadmill."

"Ah, man. Really Lord? REEEEEEEEally? You realize that it's 50 degrees out, right?"

I was encouraged by me attitude. (I know what you're thinking.) But it was WAY better than before! This was more of a "Am I really hearing You right?" than a "You've got to be kidding. How could You ask such a thing?"

It was SO cool. The verse I studied in my quiet time right before I went out totally lined up the lesson that the Lord wanted me to learn this morning.

1 Chronicles 28:9 - "As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the LORD searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts IF you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forecer."

All I could do after studying that verse was say, "Yes, Lord." So, off I trotted to the treadmill. :) My heart wasn't exactly excited about it, but I had at least come to grips with the fact that God had my best in mind and knew more than I did.

Here's the cool part. My speed has really been bothering me the last week. I haven't turned in very good times, and it's been totally frustrating. I've been questioning whether or not my goals are reasonable and if I peaked at the wrong time. Of course, the weather hasn't been the best, and I do continually train on steep hills. Neither of those cater to speed training. The one guaranteed way to get in a good speed workout: treadmill. I didn't even know it, but God had worked a desire for this run into my heart deeper then I realized!

10 miles in 71:29! :)

1 mile of warm-up
3 miles at 7:09
1 mile at 6:44
1 mile recovery at 7:50ish
3 miles at 7:04-6:54
1 mile at 6:36-5:55!!

SA-WEET!!! I haden't turned in those paces in forever! :) I am so thankful to know that they are still there. Hallelujah! :) One more verse for the day, because it's SO appropriate:

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," declared the LORD. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways highter than your ways and My thougths than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55:8-9

Prayer Requests:
-For our troops. That they will be equipped to handle all the Lord asks of them today.
-For recovery from today's run.
-For mental preparation for the marathon.
-For Military Ministry and our last-minute fundraising efforts!

Thanks, friends! You all are awesome!
-Jill

P.S. I finally figured out how to post the photos that my sister took!! You can see a video diary of a 1-6mile training run by checking out the photos. And there are even a few from the fundraiser om March 13 at The Well. :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment