Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 76...

What kind of Christ-follower would I be if I only obeyed His voice when it told me to do something I wanted to do?

Yesterday, the Holy Spirit prompted me very clearly: "Trust Me with the parking lots." Today, I woke up, and the first thing I hear is, "Cross train."

NOOOOOO! I hate it when it says that! hahaha! And I usually fight Him tooth-and-nail all morning, praying that He'll let me off the hook with it. But, then I thought, "Seriously, Jill? You're seriously going to argue with the One who gave you everything you asked for in a run yesterday: a flat, fast track with wind-breaking buildings?" Off to the gym I went. And the funny thing was that it was raining outside. I think that was a little wink from God so that I wouldn't miss being outside so much.

But, here's the thing. I gotta ask my girl Janice...Did you pray for me about more time in God's Word yesterday after I sent you that e-mail? hahaha! If so, your prayers were answered! :)

For the rest of you, I'd sent my sweet friend Janice an e-mail, and in it, I shared with her that my time in the Word has gone down as the miles have gone up. And that is NOT cool. The Word of God is vital to our survival as Christians. As David mentioned in the Psalms, we have to "hide" His Word in our hearts so that we won't sin against Him.

Well, that in mind, I grabbed a few of my Scripture memory cards before I headed out the door for the gym and shoved them in my pocket. For the last 30 minutes I was on the elliptical machine, I went over and over and over verses from the book of Isaiah. It was awesome! With every verse I read, I felt more and more peace about who God is and about His hand over me. I also was given such a clear picture of God's desire to heal our soldiers out there as I read Isaiah 61:1-3. Let me share that with you:

"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor."

These verses reference Jesus and the task He was given--what He can, will and does for all of us. Today, would you join me in praying Isaiah 61:1-3 over all of our soldiers who are suffering from PTSD? They give so selflessly for all of us. May we strengthen them with our prayers and ask the Lord to heal in ways only He can.

Prayer Requests:
-For that pain in the right foot. I'm getting frustrated, but trusting the Lord!
-For the continued fundraising. Pray for our next steps!
-For Military Ministry and their continued provision and guidance and reach.
-For our brave and amazing soldiers. (See above request. Let's pray specifically today!)
-For my 12-mile tempo run tomorrow! :)

Thanks so much, friends! Love you all!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment