Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 71...

As soon as I climbed on the treadmill this morning I knew that it was going to be an unscheduled maintenance day. My body--specifically my right foot--was just not equipped for a run today. Nor would it have been smart to force myself through it. Not on a recovery day before a 16-miler. So, as hard as it was mentally to do it, I hopped over to the elliptical machine instead and did my workout there.

As difficult mentally as it is to cross-train instead of run, it's usually the best decision for me. I'm such a hard-headed runner that for me to get to the point of actually considering a cross-training substitute usually means that I really do need it. No, I didn't get a very intense workout, but my body does feel a lot better today. And I know that my long run tomorrow will be that much better for it.

Friends, I would definitely appreciate your prayers for my sanity and my overall health. You've heard me talk about the full plate going on. It's all such a blessing! But it's starting to take a physical toll. I've battled insomnia in my past, and it's been a problem for the last three nights. I just can't fall asleep. If you've ever experienced that, you KNOW how miserable it is. And once it starts becoming a recurring thing, it's hard to shake. You start laying down at night anxious about not being able to fall asleep on top of everything else. And that just stinks. So...If you could put rest and sleep at the top of the prayer list for today and the next few days, that would be huge.

One bit of HUGELY awesome news today, though! The race team's Web page on the Military Ministry site got a big ol' facelift yesterday!! :) :) :) Kudos to you girls, Cynthia and Brenda!! You girls rock! There's now an updated photo and a great thermometer that tells our progress in fundraising! :) So cool! That way we'll be able to watch as God provides financially for Military Ministry and our AMAZING troops! Click here to check it out:

http://www.militaryministry.org/home/running-for-the-troops/

Friends, I will leave you with one particular verse that is on my heart today and pray that it inspires you. It certainly is speaking to me right now.

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." - Psalm 42:5

Thank You, Lord.

Prayer Requests:
-For SLEEP and REST! :)
-For healing on the right foot and restoration/protection for the entire body.
-For the fundraiser tomorrow night (7:00 at The Well in McPherson).
-For Military Ministry.
-For our AMAZING men and women serving our country and protecting our freedom.

Thanks again, team. You're the best!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment