Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 73...

Ah, rest...And what a way to spend it! I had the luxury of getting up and sitting my bottom down at the Papa Bear Cafe with a good cup of coffee and my fantastic family. I love being around people I love! That is the only drawback to Kansas City.

Hey, a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who came out to The Well last night!!! :) :) What a blessing you all were! :) It was so encouraging to see so many people who love and want to bless our troops with the hope of Christ. Wow. I was so honored and moved by your presence. Even when there was a somewhat important basketball game on. (Rock chalk!!) :) I don't know about you all, but I really am excited about the seeds of information that were planted last night. Especially after some of the conversations I had with you. Wow. The Lord was moving! (Shaf, I'm praying for you!) And I was so grateful to hear your hearts on this matter. I tell you what...This truly is a TOTAL TEAM EFFORT. We're in this together, and we WILL see His Kingdom come in a powerful way for our military. Praise God!

And, I think what fired me up even more was seeing all the notes come in for the Rapid Deployment Kits. Just think about all the soldiers who will read those and be encouraged about what they're doing--that they will know they are appreciated and loved. Thank you all so much for taking the time to write those.

And, finally, for the financial gifts...Wow. Thank you all SO much. I am already praying about each dollar that was raised and asking God to use it to bless a soldier and change his or her life for eternity. I KNOW that request will be answered. Thank you for being so selfless and willing to give, even when I know that times are tough and money is tight. You are storing up treasures in Heaven, folks. And THAT is what it's all about.

Okay, as far as the photos go, we have to find a good way to get them from Jami's computer to mine without using a ton of computer storeage space and without the help of a burned CD. :) We're going to get them uploaded soon and posted! :) Her handiwork shouldn't be missed! :) Oh, my little shutterbug. I do love you. :)

Well, friends, I'm gonna go make me some venison loin steak courtesy of my fantastic uncle and his bow and arrow. :) (Thanks so much Dwight and Gail! Love you both!) :)

Prayer requests for the day:'
-For blessings on those who came out last night and for their generosity to be returned to them.
-For God to bless the gifts and use them to impact the lives of soldiers and their families.
-For healing on my right foot/leg/tendon thing.
-For rest tonight for me amid sleep issues.
-For the training week ahead and the 6 miles tomorrow.
-For Military Ministry.
-For our TROOPS! We love you!!

Ciao, friends!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment