Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 61...

Now I'm gunning for it. Every time I hit the treadmill for speedwork, I'm probably going to be shooting for a new PR, even if it's by a second. That's most definitely my competitive side making itself known. And I wouldn't trade a bit of it!

This morning was a new PR in the 9-mile interval workout: 63:38, trumping the former time of 64:03. Praise God!! I was praying the whole time. hahaha! :) It hurt! It was hard! But it was SO worth it. :) Every time I complete a speed workout I'm reminded that very few things in life worth doing are easy. But we have to run straight toward our fears, knowing that God has gone before us.

One of my favorite verses is Psalm 16:8 -- "I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Last night at my small group Bible study, we got into a great discussion about fear. If you've read my blog for any consistent amount of time, you KNOW that's something I battle daily. And, apparently, I'm not the only one. PHEW! The enemy had me going for a while. But it looks like it's something that a lot of us deal with. Maybe that's why there are so many verses in Scripture that talk about it. Joshua 1:9, hundreds of verses in the Psalms, Luke 12:5, 2 Timothy 1:7...And on and on.

We've got to BELIEVE these verses. What will it take for us to do that? What will it take for us to really trust the Lord? For me, what will it take for me to wake up on a Tuesday morning and not fear the hard 9 miles? Faith comes to mind. Belief. Trust. The Holy Spirit's truth-telling whisper...All important things when it comes to winning the battle over fear.

Anyway, be encouraged today if you battle fear. You're not alone! I honestly think we all do. But we don't have to! Let's pray for each other that we can be released from all fear and walk in complete faith today.

Love you all!

Prayer requests:
-Cranky left knee.
-Upcoming interview on K-LOVE!! (YAY for press coverage!!)
-Military Ministry's amazing outreach.
-OUR TROOPS and their marriages.

Ciao, friends!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment