Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 13...


"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." - Isaiah 40:29


Well, I made it. I knew this day would come, and I know there will be plenty more like it, but it was the first time the alarm went off that I just wanted to stay in bed. Yes, I wanted to run...just not right then. :)


Anytime I don't get a good night's rest, it always shows up two days later. Monday was a late night, so I kind of expected to be a little groggy this morning. And I sure was! But these are the days that mean so much. They provide some of the most significant personal growth experiences because of how much effort they require. But let me be clear: It, again, was NOT my own strength. The "effort" was simply coming to the Lord in prayer and asking for strength, joy, endurance and mental focus. In His faithfulness, He provided. And the run was pure BLISS! (After a nice warm-up, of course.) :)


Part of this experience is learning my own weakness and finding God's strength. Charlotte Smith, a former WNBA player and current assistant basketball coach at North Carolina has a great perspective on this. She says, "No matter how hard times may be and no matter how weak we may feel at times, we know that God's strength is made perfect in our weakness. We know that our strength is not of our own, but from God. Our strength that others see is really our weakness being overshadowned by His strength."


AMEN! Today, thank YOU, Lord, for overshadowing my weakness and letting my legs soar for Your glory. :)


God bless you all with HIS strength today! Especially those brave men and women who are serving our country through the military. The Lord used YOU to inspire me today, as well.


Ciao!

-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment