Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 26...


This is funny. I wrote a looong, in-depth blog over lunch about today’s run and the spiritual lesson that came with it, and when I went to post it, I got one of those awesome broken link screens. Translation: “All of your work has just been deleted, and you must start over. Sincerely, the Internet. (evil laugh)”

Haha! Oh, well. I think I’ll just take a few moments in light of that and praise God for another amazing, amazing, humbling run. Nine hard miles of speedwork early in the morning:

1-mile warm-up
2 miles of 7:47 pace
1 mile of 6:53
Half mile recovery (8:13)
2 miles of 7:30 pace
1 mile of 6:47
Half mile recovery (8:00)
1 mile of sub-seven progression (6:47 down to 6:23)

YEE HAW!!! J There is absolutely NOTHING like finishing a workout like that. Especially when you’ve fought such intense fear leading up to it. I realized today just how much I really have to learn to take my thoughts captive and make them obedient to Christ. I was so full of pre-run anxiety about being able to hit times and run well that I was literally shaking when I entered the workout room. I had to stop and verbally say, “Take your thoughts captive, Jill. God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind” (2 Tim. 1:7).

There’s no excuse for letting anxiety run rampant in my mind. It’s all lies. It’s all deceit from the enemy. God is faithful. His word says that He gives strength to the weary. He gives us energy when we need it. He will supply all of our needs according to His riches in glory. And over and over He says DO NOT FEAR.

Today, I confess my fears and ask for righteousness, peace and joy! That which is made so available to me by an all-powerful God.

“Lord, increase my faith. Teach me to take my thoughts captive and to rebuke the lies that are whispered in my ear. You are stronger than anything that comes my way—be it 5:00 a.m. speedwork or something really and actually dramatic. Thank You for being my strength and for fueling me when I don’t deserve it. May I become a testament of Your peace and confidence. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.”

Ciao, friends!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment