Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 14...


Is every day going to be this amazing and humbling? I mean, seriously!?


This morning, when I got out of bed, I heard the dripping sound of melting ice and snow going through the drainpipes. I thought to myself, "Surely not. Could it be above freezing outside?" I stumbled to my phone and pulled up the weather. And I almost fell over. 38 degrees??? You've GOT to be kidding me! Compared to what we've had for the last two weeks, that was practically tropical! Could it be that I'd be able to do my 8-mile tempo run outside??


YES!!!


And, seriously, it was one of the most amazing runs ever!! After enjoying the treadmill for the last two weeks, being outside was like coming alive in a whole new way. I breathed the fresh air, felt the wind on my face again and challenged my legs with actual hills. All while NOT wearing 17 layers of clothing! It was the most blessed gift from God. Thank You, Lord!!


There's no way to describe the quality of the run. It was beyond anything I could have expected. Somehow, my legs were super fast and my body was willing to go. The run ended with a 7:37 average pace, which included my over-8-minute-paced .75 mile warm-up. I am SURE that the last mile was sub-7.


Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. I've never started off a training plan this fast. God, what are You doing?? :) Who cares, man?? I'm just going to absolutely EAT IT UP while I can! And, Lord, just so You know, if You send more 38-degree days (and above) in January...I'm okay with that!


There's no spiritual lesson today other than I guess learning that it's okay to be shocked and surprisingly blessed by God. Honestly, when I went to bed last night thinking about the 8-mile tempo run at 5:00, I was intimidated and anxious. I always am when I know that I have to push it so early in the morning. I never think I'm going to be able to hold a good pace at that time of day. But it just proves once again that God is SO in this. He's Lord over my body. He's Lord over the weather. He's Lord over this training. It's not about me. It's not about the times. It's not about the pace. It's about Him being God over this whole thing.


Today He showed me Himself. Period. He is God, and I am His vessel. He is God, and I am His legs. He is God, and I am His body. May I run every day as a way of revealing that to the world.


Ciao!

-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment