Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day Five...


Ah, the first speed workout of the season. It was tough! I overestimated myself a little and had to cut back on my initial plan. That's one of the things I tend to do. I get reeeeeeeally excited about training and jump in way too far way too fast. And, as any runner will tell you, when you increase miles too dramatically, you get hurt.


My knee is aching right now. The bad knee. Man, I'm glad I didn't try for what I'd originally intended!


Still, it was a quality workout. Seven miles total with four repeats. Three one-mile repeats and one two-miler with some easy paces in between. Made it in 55:12. Not too shabby!


But here's the thing. . . With the training, all the numbers and all the training can really get consuming. There's paces, distances, times, nutrition, bedtimes, schedules, stretches, strength training, icing...There is a LOT to think about! And, as I've experienced before, it can become an idol in your life.


It is my prayer that this go-round would be different. All of those things above are pointless if He is not my goal. His glory. His fame. His love. His healing for others. His meeting with me. His voice. His heart. His strength.


"He must become greater. I must become less." - John 3:30


Lord, that is my prayer. I want You to be revealed in this. Would you become greater as I run for You and for Your love for our military. No matter what, please help me to focus on You. Otherwise...It's pointless.


-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment