Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 22...

Another slower recovery run today. Seven miles with an 8:20ish pace. It felt good. Not great, but really good. And the time spent with the Lord was priceless. No music today. Just prayer and a good message from Chip Ingram about creating lasting change in our lives.


I gotta give a shout-out to my friend D, who has inspired me today. We'd all agree that life is busy. But I think moms of toddlers and babies get to take the cake on that one. And not only is Dana chasing around one of the most wonderfully energetic toddlers in the world, she's also providing for the needs of a 5-month-old. That means, that she's up in the middle of the night several times before spending a full day of mommy duties. PLUS, she's the wife to an amazing military man. She knows that her first calling is to be his helpmate.


This week, D made the decision to take on her first half marathon. What does that mean? It means training, that's what it means! A.k.a: time, commitment and discipline.


But today, even after being up at 2:00 a.m. with a baby, she set her alarm and got up first-thing to put in a few miles on the treadmill. D, I'm SO proud of you! I thought my legs were tired after my "short" 7-hour night. You've inspired me today to keep being disciplined and keep going, even when it's hard. And, for all of my marathon mamas out there (AMac, you KNOW this scenario and have inspired me for three years), I salute you!


Prayer requests for the day:

-That the slight ache in my left knee wouldn't materialize into an injury.

-For the long run tomorrow morning in forecasted rain.

-For our amazing military men and women--for God's protection over them and His love to be administered to them.

-For Military Ministry and their awesome outreach!


Thanks, friends! Ciao for today!

-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment