Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 29...

Good morning, friends!

I had a little bit of a scare this morning. As I was walking to the workout room (one last run beside Norman before I move), I felt a familiar twinge in my left knee. NOOOOOO! hahaha! :) Of course I started praying for God's grace and strength and healing over it. I admittedly have a remaining fear about that knee. I'm constantly battling the "okay, when's the bottom going to drop out and I get injured" mentality. It's a daily challenge to trust the Lord and find the balance of walking in faith and confidence that He will sustain me, and also having the ability to hold it loosely enough to where if He wants to take it away, I'm still at peace. Tough line to walk.

Anyway, so I had this mini battle on the 2-minute walk about whether or not to use the elliptial machine instead of running. Just to be on the safe side. Candid honesty: I HATE the elliptical machine. After months and months of it in rehab/recovery last year, I would honestly rather jump out of a moving vehicle than be strapped to one of those for a workout.

But what's more important here? One day on the elliptical machine to save the whole training? One day on the elliptical machine to protect my knee for tomorrow's 18-miler? I think that's fair.

So, I decided to opt for wisdom.

As I climbed onto the elliptical machine, I felt a peace. Kind of like a "You have chosen wisely" voice went off in my head. I don't want to sound prideful, but I kind of felt like the Lord was giving me a little pat on the back and saying, "I'm proud of you, Jill."

Know what happened next? It was a total small-scale Abraham/Isaac thing. After 1 minute on the elliptical, I felt the leading back to the treadmill. I GLADLY hopped off, bounced over to the treadmill and started her up. :) The run was great. :) No pain and an easy 8:17 average paced recovery run.

Thank You, Lord. I'm reeeeeeeeeeally grateful that You allowed me the run today. Please continue to guide me (and all of us) in Your wisdom. Help us to deny ourselves and follow You in all things, trusting that Your plan is better than our own. Proverbs 3:5-6.

Prayer requests:
-For the knee, obviously.
-For the first 18-miler of the season tomorrow and where to do it. (Outside might be too cold. And treadmills are great, but really tough for long runs.)
-For the ability to run well EARLY tomorrow before my big move.
-For our troops and their protection and spiritual growth.
-For our military chaplains and their protection and wisdom.
-For Military Ministry! :)

Ciao, friends!
-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment