Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 18...



First off, a big shout out to my Momsy. It's her birthday! Thanks for EVERYTHING, Mom. I love you dearly! You're the best "Marathon Momsy" in the world! :)




Today was my last blessed run in 50-degree weather for a while, and it was awesome. It didn't matter that it was windy, rainy and hilly. I was in capri running pants and light layers! It was bliss! :) The hills of California, the water on the rain hat, the wind in my face. It was all worth it to run without a ski mask and three layers of gloves. Thank You, Lord!! :) Tomorrow is speedwork day, so I'll head back to the treadmill for 8 miles of fast-paced adventure. Bring it on!! :)




Now for the first major challenge to overcome. My weight is a problem! I've wasted away to skin and bones, and I can't seem to get enough calories to stop losing. haha! You don't hear many people say that's a "concern" very often, but this is pretty real. I'm going to make an appointment with a sports nutritionist tomorrow to see if she can give me some pointers. Yes, running light makes me faster, but looking like a skeleton and running the risk of stress fractures isn't my idea of fun. There has to be balance! I just need to learn how to eat properly for training. Especially as the miles increase. This is going to be tough! But I know the Lord will give me wisdom. He's shown me this problem early enough to where it can be addressed before the mileage gets crazy. I'd love to put back on a few pounds, but at this point, it's going to be just ceasing the loss of weight. Once we're stable, then we can worry about adding 4 or 5 back to the scale.




However, I'm calling on my prayer warriors for help on this one. Would you all please lift me up and ask the Lord to give me wisdom in what to put in my body and when? Thank you all so much!




Ciao!


-Jill :)

No comments:

Post a Comment