Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day Nine...


Ah, it feels SO good to get back on the treadmill after a day off! The legs feel refreshed, the knee feels great, the mind is focused. I love it! Thank You, Lord!


I listen to a variety of things on my iPod when I train. Usually I listen to music for the first part of the run and then finish with a sermon podcast (usually Chip Ingram's Living on the Edge messages). But one thing I have on there that is neither music nor message that inspires me in a very unique way is my series of Army Ranger cadances. Not kidding! Did you know that iTunes has military cadances that you can download and use while you run? It's awesome!! Especially for situations like mine. Whenever these cadances come on, I feel like I'm running with a bunch of Army guys--right in the middle of the pack, keeping in perfect step with them. Sometimes, if no one is around, I'll even chant along with them out loud. (I could tell a few funny stories about doing this when I didn't realize people could hear me.) :)


Today, I just want to give a shout out to the troops. I don't know how I'll get my message to them since I haven't publicized my blog much, but I just want to say that I love you all! You're my team and I'm running with you. No matter where you are, I am praying for you and thanking you. I can't do much in return, but I can run. And whatever God does with that simple act, I know it will be awesome.


Have a great Saturday, friends!

-Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment